The ACET Youth Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a 323 student volunteers, providing relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promotes health & care of the vulnerable people and communities.
1. Humanity : The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors, in its international and national capacity, to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being. It promotes mutual understanding, friendship, cooperation and lasting peace amongst all peoples.
2. Impartiality: It makes no discrimination as to nationally, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions. It endeavors to relieve the suffering of individuals, being solely by their needs, and to give priority to the most urgent cases of distress.
3. Neutrality: In orders to enjoy the confidence of all, the Movement may not take sides in hostilities or engage in controversies of a political, racial, religious or ideological nature.
4. Independence: The Movement is independent. The National Societies, while auxiliaries in the humanitarian services of their governments and subject to the laws of their respective countries, must always maintain their autonomy so that they may be able at all times to act in accordance with the principles of the Movement.
5. Voluntary service: It is voluntary relief movement not prompted in any manner by desire for gain.
6. Unity: There can be only one Red Cross Or Red Crescent in any one country. It must be open to all. It must carry on its humanitarian work throughout its territory.
7. Universality : The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, in which all societies have equal status and share equal responsibilities and duties in helping each other, is worldwide.
ISHA Yoga Maiyam Event
International Yoga Day Celebration on 21st June 2017 for ACET faculties by ISHA yoga Maiyam.
Download Report for more info.
International YOGA Day 2017
At Adhi College of engineering and technology, International Yoga Day celebrations
were conducted by Youth Red Cross club under the leadership of Principal Dr.A.Devaraju,
Coordinated by R.Thirumurugan.Asst.prof. of ECE. Students performed yoga under the
instruction of K.P.Pugazhenthi and T.Karthikeyan yoga exponent from kanchipuram,
demonstrated several asanas and also explained significance of every asanas.
World Tuberculosis(TB) Day
The Youth Red Cross Society of our college has created an awareness among the public, about World Tuberculosis (TB) Day. By organizing a Human Rally by our college students (150 No’s) in Walajabad town on 28/03/2017(Tuesday) at 9:00AM, Human rally Begins at Walajabad old police station and End at Walajabad Government Hospital.
Bequest of the Body
It was on 13-08-2014, the whole world was celebrating the ‘Organ donation day’, the same
was celebrated in Adhi College of Engineering on the same day.
The students were taken out and made to stand in a human chain, and they were crying
out the importance of bequesting the body.
Bogi, which is celebrated a day before the Pongal festival. Usually people collect all the
unwanted and old things and burn them in front of their houses, people think that by doing this
they can get rid of the old things so that new things will enter into their houses. On this day we
can very well see the streets are covered with smoke, especially children burn the tyres, which
emit carbon monoxide, which affects our breathing system directly.
So, Adhi College of Engineering and Technology had taken this issue and conducted an
awareness program on 12.01.2011, i.e., a day before Bogi
Plantation of Trees
Adhi College of Engineering, Organized a programme of planting
trees inside the campus and make the atmosphere green, that means ‘Go Green’ was conducted
on 10-01-2014. Before starting the fileld work, the students were given awareness regarding this.
The faculties of Adhi College gave their valuable ideas.
7th National Voters Day Rally